Productivity. A single word that holds a lot of weight. And while it may resonate differently for different people, this guide will break down:
- What it is
- Why it matters
- And how to get started with it, right now
See this page as your catch-all for everything productivity. Looking for productivity hacks? We got it. Music for productivity? Check. Productivity apps? You’re covered.
As you go through it, use this guide to enhance and build upon your life; to take you from where you are today, to where you want to be in the future.
The Productivity Guide: Everything You Need To Be Insanely Productive
I believe that you can create your ideal life by fully utilizing the 24 hours that you get each day. That by more effectively using your time, and by working on the right things in the right order, you can create and achieve an amazing life for yourself.
It won’t be easy… it will take patience and persistence, but I know that creating that dream life for yourself is possible.
That’s the reason I created our productivity and time management course, that’s why I’ve created this guide, and that’s why I continue to build out QuickBooost – to help you work towards your goals, your dreams, your ideal life.
With that in mind, let’s dig into the Productivity Guide.
What is productivity? Let’s define productivity
First and foremost, let’s start at the beginning. Let’s define what productivity is. According to the dictionary, the definition of productivity is:
The effectiveness of productive effort as measured in terms of the rate of output per unit of input.
That’s too complicated of a definition. Let’s make it simpler. Instead, think of productivity as your ability to get stuff done. It’s how effective you are at a given task at a given time.
It’s a combination of speed and accuracy. It’s being thorough but timely in your ability to complete a task – whatever it may be.
Productivity, in other words, is a measure of getting stuff done.
Why productivity matters?
You may be wondering why productivity matters – the answer is simple.
The more productive you are, the faster you will be able to complete tasks, the more you will be able to get done, and in turn, the more time you will have leftover to work on what matters most to you.
Think about productivity in terms of your goals – those things in your life that fill you up with hope and excitement. The more productive you are each day, the faster you will be able to move in the right direction towards where you want to go.
For example, if you have 5 hours of work to do but can just as effectively get through it in 2 hours, that leaves you with 3 hours that could be spent on your goals, creating your ideal life!
Or if you 3 hours to work on your goals, but can effectively get everything done in 2, that leaves you with an extra hour to get even more done or it’s time that you can use to go enjoy yourself elsewhere.
Productivity is important because of what allows you to do, achieve, and become.
Efficient vs Effective vs Productive
Efficient, effective, productive – 3 words that often get interchanged for one another, but they are vastly different. So let’s clear that up right now.
Productivity = Efficiency + Effectiveness
Efficiency in this case is your ability to get things done quickly – it’s speed. Effectiveness is your ability to get things done correctly, error-free – it’s accuracy. When you combine both speed and accuracy, your result is productivity.
The more productive you are, the more you are able to get done in less time, the more time you have for what matters most to you.
Starting to make sense?
How to be productive
You’re here because you want to increase your productivity. By now you’ve come to understand that the more productive you are, the sooner you will be able to reach your goals.
The next step of this puzzle is to figure out just how you can start being productive. There’s a lot of ways to make that happen. Our course goes into this in great detail and we also have a free bootcamp to help you get started working in the right direction.
Those are just two ways that you can start making a difference. There are a lot of things that you can do to be more productive though. Here are a few productivity tips for you to try:
- Stop multitasking – when it comes to your high-level goals, you are much better off single-tasking (focusing on just one task at a time) instead of splitting up your attention on multiple tasks.
- Start with a challenge – begin your day with your hardest task first and watch how the rest of the day is a breeze in comparison.
- Write it down ASAP – instead of letting items pile up in your head throughout the day, write them down on a separate note that you can revisit later. That way, you can focus on what’s important in the moment and leave the rest to be handled when you have more time.
There are even more ways on how to be productive < there.
Productive things to do and other ways that you can be productive
There are a lot of different things that you can do in the name of productivity. Some may work for you, others may not. It’s all about experimenting to find which ones help you move forward and which don’t.
With that in mind, here are some ways that you can do just that:
Apps are a great way to enhance your productivity and streamline your daily actions. Whether you use them to stay organized or for planning, there’s a lot of benefit to be gained by trying them out. Plus, they’re often free! You can check out the best productivity apps < there.
Often the simplest hacks yield the greatest results. Utilizing productivity hacks is one method that you can use to take your productivity game to the next level. They’ve certainly helped me out over the years. You can check out a full list of productivity hacks < there.
Music can make or break your focus, and with it, your productivity. Use music to your advantage! I should say, when it comes to productivity there is definitely good music and bad music. Make sure you utilize the right kinds so that you get the results you are after. You can learn more about music for productivity < there.
Sometimes you may not be in the mood to be productive. You may be tired, stressed, or just completely over it. Don’t fret. Instead, learn how to regain your motivation so that you can continue making progress on your goals. Learn how to get motivated < there.
Productive decision making
You may sometimes be torn over which open to go with – A or B. Totally fine. However, it becomes a problem when that paralysis starts eating into your time. Understand how to make smart decisions so that you can better utilize your 24 hours. Learn more about productive decision making < there.
Our productivity resources
There is a lot you can do and a lot you can learn when it comes to productivity. It can all feel very overwhelming. For that reason I’ve created a couple resources that you can use to level up your productivity game:
- Super Course: our productivity and time management course dives into the nitty gritty details and covers everything that you need to be productive and make better use of your time. It’s all about creating your ideal life and knowing what you need to do to get there. You can check out the course < there.
- Ultimate Bootcamp: our free 6-day email series takes a handful of lessons straight from the Super Course and gives them to you in bite-sized, actionable daily lessons. It’s a great free introduction to the world of productivity. You can find out more on the bootcamp < there.
More productivity articles
Want more productivity? Here is a full list of our productivity content, just for you:
- 38 Powerful Productivity Tools You Can Use To Get More Done
- Decision Making: 4 Productive Ways To Make Smart Decisions
- Your Extremely Productive Day: 10 Things To Do Before 10 AM
- 12 Habits Of Highly Productive People – How To Be Productive
- 20 Smart Productivity Hacks I Used To Become 400% More Productive
- Ultimate Boootcamp
- 62 Productive Things To Do When Bored – These Are A Must!
- 90+ Bullet Journal Ideas You Need In Your Life: Productivity
- Increase Productivity: 9 Clever Ways To Be Ultra Productive
- The Best Music For Productivity – A Proven Formula!
- Super Course
- Best Productivity Apps: Here Are 5 That You Need To Try
- Get Motivated! How To Be Productive When You’re Not Feeling It
Time management and productivity
At this point, you may be wondering where time management comes into play with all of this. You’ve read on and on about productivity, but how does time management factor into the equation? I see it like this:
Productivity + Time Management = Your Ideal Life
Time management has to do with how you spend your time; how you use the 24 hours that you get each day.
For example, if you have 2 hours of downtime, time management is what you do with that time. Do you sit at your desk and watch Netflix? Or do you use that time to work towards your goals? Hopefully you choose the latter.
When you combine time management with productivity, you start to fully utilize your time – you get the right stuff done, you use your time effectively, and you start achieving your goals.
You can learn more about time management < there.
Related time management articles
If you’re ready to learn more about time management, here are a few good places to start:
- 10 Time Management Tips To Be More Effective With Your Time
- Time Management 101: An Expert Guide To The Pomodoro Technique
- Essential Time Management Strategies To Make Life More Effective
- Awesome Time Management Tips For Work Life Balance
Start utilizing the time that you get each day. See each of your 24 hours as an opportunity to make progress in the right direction and get after it.
Remember, as long as you keep taking steps forward, you will have a mountain of progress to show for it. So keep learning, trying, iterating, and pushing. Revisit this guide from time to time. Refresh yourself on all things productivity. Put the lessons you learn into action, measure the results, improve, and grow.
After all, this is a continuous work in progress. You will get better over time as long as you keep up and keep at it. It’s a marathon that will bring you to new heights and allow you to make progress like never before.